Milestone number 1 of the upcoming 4.0.0 release of RDF4J is now available for download.
RDF4J 4.0.0 is a major release of the RDF4J framework, focusing on improved performance and improved maintainability. We’ve done a massive clean up of the project structure, which is intended to make it easier to deliver new features in this and future releases.
Some of the highlights covered in this first milestone:
- update to Java 11 as the minimally-required version of Java
- improvements in the SparqlBuilder
- performance improvements in the SPARQL query engine
- performance improvements in the SHACL engine
- improved support for working with RDF4J in Spring and Spring Boot applications
- SeRQL and SPIN are no longer supported
- removal of several long-deprecated packages and interfaces
This milestone build is not yet feature-complete, but we are putting it out to receive early feedback on all the improvements we have put in.