We are very pleased to announce the release of Eclipse RDF4J 2.4. This release addresses over 50 issues, and includes several major new features and improvements, including:
- Several improvements to the RDF4J Console, including command history, a convert and an export command.
- RDF4J SparqlBuilder, a new fluent API for creating SPARQL queries in Java
- Enhanced JSON-LD support with hierarchical JSON-LD writing
- Improved GeoSPARQL support
- Apache Lucene and Apache Solr support upgraded to version 6.6
- ElasticSearch support upgraded to version 5.6
- An official RDF4J Server/Workbench docker image
- Improvements to the experimental SHACL implementation
For a full overview of all addressed issues, see the release notes.
RDF4J 2.4 is a minor release and as such it is backward compatible with previous releases. Existing users of the Lucene, Solr, and ElasticSearch functionality are advised to upgrade their indexes for best performance.
Note: as this release is hot off the press, it may take a little while for it show up in the Central Repository.